We are such stuff as dreams are made on; and our little life is rounded with a sleep. ~ William Shakespeare
Do you feel tired today? I do.
My tracker last night showed I had 3 hours and 41 minutes of deep sleep. I should feel rested? Right?
10 Sleep Disturbing Facts
1. We can survive longer without food than sleep. (Maybe that is not true for some)
2. Pillow dribble is a thing, sleep on your back to avoid it.
3. We spend approximately 600 hours a year dreaming.
4. People who have been exposed to black and white media are more likely to dream in greyscale.
5. If you are woken during a dream, within ten minutes 90% of your dream has been forgotten.
6. One third of our lives is spent asleep. Two thirds of our cat’s life is spent asleep. (I’d rather be a cat)
7. When you are snoring you aren’t dreaming. (And your bed partner isn’t dreaming either!)
8. During the first two years of a baby’s life, his parents will lose out on six months worth of sleep. (I can attest to that)
9. Sleeping immediately after studying helps you remember more facts, good news for teenagers doing exams.
10. The maximum amount of time you can be awake before you struggle with symptoms of deprivation is 17 hours.
Cats have it all – admiration, an endless sleep, and company only when they want it. ~ Rod McKuen